Tuesday, May 3, 2016

What's Cooking? with Daniela & Gabriel

What's Cooking? with Daniela & Gabriel: Our Intro



Source: Daniela 

Hello SOM, I am Daniela and welcome to our new segment of What’s Cooking? I am a pastry chef and I have been in the industry for about five years! I love to cook and especially bake! I went to Le Cordon Bleu for a certification in Baking and Pastry. I graduated in 2012 and I started Cypress College in 2013 to get an Associates in Baking and Pastry. I currently work in a bakery were I specialize in cakes, fondants, decorating, and desserts. I am excited to be part of this new segment and I am looking forward to writing reviews about food and having cooking demos with my partner in crime, Gabriel.

Hey guys! This is Gabriel from SOM! How is everyone? Well I am happy to be part of this segment with my girlfriend Daniela! I am excited to talk to you guys about the science of food, what it takes to make it, and show you awesome cooking demos! I also am excited to talk about career opportunities and discuss everything related to food! Especially the restaurant industry! I am excited to tell you guys what it takes to be in Back-of-the-house and Front-of-the-house! This will be a great segment for all you Foodies out there! 
I have been in the industry for about three years! I have been cooking all my life since the age of 5! I went to Bell Gardens High and met Daniela in a cooking class my sophomore year! We had so much fun in the class! My junior and senior year I worked in Lancer Café! I cooked food and ran the beverage station! I attended Cypress College with my girlfriend Daniela in 2013! We took business and marketing classes with amazing professors and one of them was Professor Patti Kishel! She loved us! She called us foodies and the Dynamic Duo! We loved all her classes! We recently took cooking classes with Chef Jeremy Peters! Love that guy! LOVE THIS INDUSTRY! 
  I had a temporary job as a cook in a restaurant called La Mejor Deli and it was not what I expected! This job is hard! I love this industry and I love to cook, but I learned that BOH (back-of-the-house) was NOT for me! I love to cook but for fun, not for working! I learned that I preferred to be in FOH (Front-of-the-house) as a waiter, host, or busser! I love customer interaction!
 I am currently working in El Torito as a server/host! I LOVE IT! My professor Lisa Clark told me she saw me more in FOH than in BOH! Which is great! My plan is to open up a restaurant with Daniela soon! Daniela, she does not like FOH, she prefers to be in BOH and cook and run around in the kitchen, whereas myself, I prefer talking to folks and making sure they are being treated awesome and getting great customer service. This is a great concept because I always tell her, she can run BOH and I can run FOH. Only time will tell! Thank you for reading this! These are our bios and we look forward to writing more in this new segment of What’s Cooking? With Daniela & Gabriel!
This is Gabriel!
& this is Daniela!

Thank you for reading! Have a magical day!
-Daniela & Gabriel
SOM

No comments:

Post a Comment