Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Disneyland Through Your Eyes: Daniela Espinoza

Hello folks! Welcome to the SOM Blog! In this section of Opinion Editorial, we added a new segment: Disneyland Through Your Eyes. In this segment we ask SOM members to tell us what Disneyland looks like through their own eyes. What is a typical Disney day for them? What do they do when they arrive at the parks? DCA or DL first? Which attraction do they hit first? Which is their favorite? Least? and describe to the SOM family how they do Disneyland... So we hope you enjoy this segment and hope you will be part of it soon!


Disneyland Through Your Eyes: Daniela


Source: Daniela
   I always went to Disneyland a couple times a year since I was a little girl, but after I went to Jr. High, I have stopped going to the parks with my family due to financial reasons. When I met my boyfriend, we got the chance to get passes for Disneyland and began going with him, my two sisters and our friend. I usually always go with all of them, but if they cannot go then it is just me and my boyfriend.

   When I arrive at the parks, I go through bag check and I am given the decision of choosing which park to go to. I always pick the right side: Disneyland Park! I enter Disneyland and walk down Main Street! I always enter through Adventureland and choose my favorite ride, Indiana Jones, which is also my boyfriend's favorite ride. We always get a fastpass to ride again. From there we pick rides and vote on which ones to go to. 

   We typically ride Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, and the Fantasyland rides. Very rarely do we go onto Star Tours, I do not like that ride as much as he does. From there we sit down and eat in the parks, people watch, and/or ride the Omnibus in Main Street. After having fun at Disneyland, we cross the street and go to California Adventure and ride our favorite ride, The Little Mermaid. In California Adventure, there is not alot of rides that I really enjoy and go on. We always just go on Ariel, Maters, Luigi's, Monster's Inc, and Toy Story. The other rides I do not like because I am afraid of them. I rarely do big rides, I prefer the little ones. 

   When I met my boyfriend, I discovered new parts of Disneyland. I never really went just to watch a show or sit down. I never paid attention to the music in the background playing or the hidden Mickey's. He began to show me little small details and pointed out interesting facts about it. I never would have gone just to see ducks walk and swim on by or just to watch Paint the Night. I have seen and will forever see Disneyland in a new light. 

  For me, Disneyland in my eyes, will be a place were a child can be a child and an adult can be a child too. Disneyland is a place to celebrate the love of Disney and the movies, and songs, and Mr. Walt himself. Disneyland will be a place where I can forget all the negativity in my life and the troubles and sadness. Disneyland will be a place where me and boyfriend share our love for Disney and celebrate all the joy and love our lives have.  I will always love Disneyland forever!!!!

-SOM




No comments:

Post a Comment